Quiz: Are You Ready to Commit to a Healthy Diet?
Are you ready for a new life? Some diet plans urge you to “get started right now” regardless of what else is going on in your life. The first step of the EatingWell Diet, on the other hand, is to make sure you’re ready to commit to the healthy changes that will ensure your success. Are you ready to commit fully to eating better and exercising more? Take our quiz to find out.
Choose the answer that most closely represents your thoughts.
1. When I consider the pros and cons of making a strong commitment to losing weight, it seems that…A. Losing weight means giving up a LOT. B. I have a lot to gain by losing weight, and the “minuses” of committing to a lifestyle plan that will help me do that seem pretty insignificant. C. They’re about equal.
2. I am excited to lose weight. Now is a good time to start because…A. Well, it’s not, really. Between my family and my work, I don’t have five minutes for myself. But I suppose now is as good a time as any. B. I am finally motivated to take charge of my life. I will make time for eating right and exercising—and my family and friends will support me. C. I have a whole month to reach my goal weight before [fill in your special event] arrives.
3. Taking a brisk walk (or doing some other exercise) for 30 minutes each day sounds…A. Like a luxury I can’t afford. I’m already so busy I don’t know how I could possibly fit 30 minutes of exercise into my jam-packed schedule. B. Manageable, definitely. I may even be able to exercise longer on some days. C. Like something I should do. I’ll try my best to fit it in.
4. Keeping a food diary to track my calories sounds…A. Like a waste of time. I don’t think I would actually do it. B. Interesting. I am curious to know exactly what and how much I’m eating. I can commit to this. C. A bit tedious. Do I have to do it every day?
5. The idea of cooking a few new healthy recipes a week is…A. Overwhelming. I might be able to find time on weekends, but weeknights are too busy for cooking. B. Exciting! I enjoy cooking and think flavorful, nutritious recipes will help me stay focused on my weight-loss goals. C. Reasonable. Even though I’m busy, I would like to start cooking at home more.
6. I’m looking for a new approach to losing weight because…A. My partner (or doctor) keeps getting on my case about being too heavy and I need to try something. B. I’m done with fad diets. I want to make changes that will help me to lose weight and keep me healthy for life. C. I’ve tried all of the “old” ones and they haven’t worked.