A Quick Cookie Glaze
This basic cookie glaze can be tinted in small batches if desired.
From EatingWell: December 2005/January 2006
Yield: About 2 cups
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-2 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or orange juice (or lemon or lime juice)
- Food coloring, if desired
- Combine sugar with water to achieve the desired consistency in a small bowl. Add vanilla extract or orange juice (or lemon or lime juice).
- To tint the glaze: Place small quantities in several small bowls. Add a little food coloring to each bowl and mix well. (Paste food colors give the most vivid results.) Allow glazed cookies to dry completely before packaging or storing.
Nutrition Per teaspoon:
10 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food