Apple Cider Granita
Fresh apple cider and apple brandy make a simple granita that's the perfect ending to a fall meal.
From EatingWell: September/October 1996
Yield: 8 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- 4 cups fresh apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Calvados, or other apple brandy
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put a shallow metal pan in the freezer to chill. Combine cider, sugar, apple brandy and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture into the chilled pan and place in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, stir with a fork, crushing any lumps, until the granita is firm but not frozen solid, about 3 hours.
- To serve, scoop into chilled bowls or goblets.
- Make Ahead Tip: The granita can be made 2 days in advance: freeze and transfer to a covered container. Before serving, stir to break up large crystals.
Nutrition Per serving:
102 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate