Asparagus Topped with Creamy Tarragon Sauce
This sauce is like a luscious, creamy bearnaise sauce without all the calories and fat.Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, water, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the sauce for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||7 g (1 g sat, 2 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Folate (42% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
From EatingWell April/May 2006