Make this salsa right before serving so the avocados don't have time to turn brown. Serve on Bean & Barley Chili or with your favorite tortilla chips.
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Yield: About 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium Hass avocado
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine onion, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl. Halve, pit, peel and dice avocado; add to onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
22 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 67 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
Try this recipe with: