Baby Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Spinach salad is a great way to increase your family’s fruit and vegetable consumption—the challenge is getting your children (or picky eaters) to enjoy it. We’ve found that a simple, slightly sweet dressing like our Raspberry Vinaigrette, tossed with mild Boston lettuce or a baby spinach salad, with fruit or your family’s favorite vegetables, can convince most everyone to take a bite.
Yield: 4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups prewashed baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe, but firm, nectarine, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Add oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper to a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well to combine.
- To prepare salad: Combine spinach, bell pepper and nectarine in a large bowl; toss with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the leftover dressing for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (98% daily value), Vitamin C (65% dv), Folate (25% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat