Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into the perfect side dish. Or try sandwiching them between slices of your favorite whole-wheat country bread.
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving: 91 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat