Sweet-tart balsamic vinegar spiked with garlic and Italian seasoning makes a fast and flavorful marinade for just about anything you’re inspired to grill for dinner.
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
Yield: About 1/2 cup, for 4 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
- Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 2 teaspoons of marinade are absorbed per serving.
Nutrition Per serving:
48 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 195 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fat