This bright and easy breakfast packs two servings of fruit plus soy protein and fiber.
From EatingWell: May/June 1998, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008), The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Yield: 3 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 ripe medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 ice cubes, crushed (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, (optional)
- Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu and crushed ice in a blender; cover and blend until smooth and frothy. Sweeten with sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: An easy way to crush ice is to place cubes in a heavy-duty plastic bag and break them with a rolling pin.
Nutrition Per Serving: 135 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 376 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (93% daily value).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 lean meat