Put away any preconceived notions of Grandma's fruit salad. This unusual combination of tropical fruit in a savory shallot vinaigrette will have you dreaming of the tropics.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 25
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 firm ripe bananas, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews, toasted (see Tip)
Whisk lime juice, oil, shallot, vinegar, honey, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add kiwis, bananas, bell pepper and mint; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with cashews.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast nuts & seeds on the stovetop: Toast in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (190% daily value), Fiber (20% dv), Potassium & Vitamin A (15% dv).
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat