Rose water and a pinch of nutmeg perfume this cool banana smoothie. The recipe is based on an Indian yogurt drink called lassi
From EatingWell: January/February 1993
Yield: 1 serving
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups ice water
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water, (optional)
- Pinch nutmeg, preferably freshly grated
- Combine ice water, banana, yogurt, honey and rose water (if using) in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large glass and sprinkle nutmeg over top.
Nutrition Per serving:
284 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 71 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 70 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value), Calcium (16% dv).
4 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat free milk, 2 other carbohydrate