Banana Spice Smoothie
This healthy banana smoothie is made with vanilla kefir and spiked with warming spices.
Yield: about 4 cups for 2, 2-cup servings
Active Time: 5
Total Time: 5
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups vanilla kefir (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 ice cubes
Combine kefir, bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ice cubes in a blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Kefir is a drinkable yogurt found in the dairy section of most supermarkets, it supplies a healthy amount of protein and calcium and good-for-you probiotics.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (35% daily value), Vitamin C (17% dv)
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 reduced-fat milk, 1 carbohydrate (other)