Banana Spice Smoothie
This healthy banana smoothie is made with vanilla kefir and spiked with warming spices.
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Yield: About 4 cups for 2, 2-cup servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups vanilla kefir (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 ice cubes
- Combine kefir, bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ice cubes in a blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Kefir is a drinkable yogurt found in the dairy section of most supermarkets, it supplies a healthy amount of protein and calcium and good-for-you probiotics.
Nutrition Per serving:
283 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 56 g carbohydrates; 15 g added sugars; 10 g protein; 6 g fiber; 98 mg sodium; 427 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (35% daily value), Vitamin C (17% dv)
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 reduced-fat milk, 1 carbohydrate (other)