Bananas in Brown Sugar-Rum Sauce
Bananas cooked in a delectable brown-sugar-rum sauce make for a quick yet impressive dessert.
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Yield: 2 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, quartered
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Stir brown sugar, butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until bubbling. Add rum, lime juice and cinnamon and cook until slightly thickened. Add bananas and cook, stirring, until tender. Divide between 2 bowls and top with a dollop of low-fat vanilla yogurt.
Nutrition Per serving:
208 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 53 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 41 mg sodium; 399 mg potassium.
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat