Basil-Lemon Lobster Salad
Some seafood counters now sell precooked lobster meat, making this dish a snap to pull together.
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 fish bouillon cube
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 2/3 cups chopped lobster meat, (see Tip)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Stir hot water and bouillon in a medium bowl until cube dissolves. Whisk in garlic, lemon juice, basil and oil. Season with pepper. Mix in lobster.
- Divide salad greens among 4 large plates and spoon lobster salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Four 1 1/4-lb. lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Nutrition Per Serving: 163 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 2 g fiber; 453 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (59% daily value), Vitamin A (48% dv), Vitamin C (32% dv), Folate (27% dv), Zinc (21% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat