Roast Beef & Beet Nosh
Horseradish sour cream, pickled beets and roast beef top toasted rye bread for a yummy appetizer reminiscent of a delicious deli sandwich. Look for pickled beets in jars or cans near other pickled vegetables in most supermarkets. You can use 24 rye crackers instead of the toasted rye bread, if desired.
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Yield: 2 dozen
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 24 slices pickled beets, halved if large
- 4 slices Jewish rye bread, toasted and each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 slices roast beef (about 4 ounces), cut into 24 pieces
- 24 fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in small bowl. Place a piece of pickled beet on each rye toast. Place a folded piece of roast beef on the beet. Top with a generous 1/4 teaspoon horseradish-sour cream. Garnish with a parsley leaf.
Nutrition Per Serving: 25 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: Free Food