Best Blueberry Pancakes
Serve with maple syrup, Lemon-Mint Cream or Blueberry Syrup.
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Yield: 6 servings, 3 pancakes each
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, cottage cheese, milk, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; add wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Moisten a crumpled paper towel with canola oil and use it to lightly oil a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Spoon on about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bottoms are golden and small bubbles start to form on top, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is browned, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Lightly oil pan between batches. (Adjust heat as necessary for even browning.) Serve hot.
Nutrition Per Serving: 233 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 2 g fiber; 630 mg sodium; 122 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (25% daily value).
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 low-fat milk, 1/2 fat