Black-Eyed Pea Dip
Need a little incentive to eat more vegetables? Keep this easy, healthful dip on hand—who knew that raw vegetables could be so addictive?
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: About 1 1/4 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place peas, parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
31 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 70 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food