Black-Eyed Pea Spread
Serve this delectable, garlicky black-eyed pea spread with toasted slices of baguette as an appetizer.
From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Yield: About 1 1/4 cups
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic, (1 large clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Reserve a few black-eyed peas for garnish and place the remaining peas in a food processor, along with parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, tarragon and pepper. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt if desired. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the reserved peas.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Per 2-tablespoon serving:
52 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 92 mg sodium; 70 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat