Blue Corn Botanita
Top blue corn tortilla chips with mango slices, cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime juice for a colorful appetizer. Blue corn tortilla chips make these Mexican-style appetizers pretty, but any variety will work. Look for cotija cheese, a type of aged Mexican cheese, near other specialty cheeses or in Mexican grocery stores. You may also find it labeled “queso añejo” or “queso añejado.” Finely crumbled Parmesan cheese can be used as a substitute.
Yield: 2 dozen
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 10
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 24 thin slices
- 24 blue corn tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 lime wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (see Tip)
Divide mango slices evenly among the chips. Sprinkle each chip with 1/2 teaspoon cotija cheese. Squeeze lime over each and sprinkle with chipotle. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeños. Look for ground chipotle in the spice section of most supermarkets or online at penzeys.com.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fat