Blueberry-Banana Frozen Yogurt
Pureed banana gives this mixture an especially smooth texture, and orange-juice concentrate and crème de cassis add a complementary tang.Yield: 6 servings, 3/4 cups each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 45
- 1 quart blueberries
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana, (1 medium)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup instant-dissolving sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon crème de cassis, or black currant syrup
- Puree blueberries in a food processor. To remove skins, force the puree through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Add bananas to the food processor and puree. Add the strained blueberry puree, yogurt, sugar, orange-juice concentrate and crème de cassis or black currant syrup and process just until mixed in. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (Alternatively, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal cake pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||0 g (0 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (51% daily value).
Carbohydrate Serving 3
Exchanges 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
From EatingWell July/August 1994