Bok Choy-Apple Slaw
Bok choy serves as a peppery alternative to cabbage in this crunchy and creamy slaw. Try it with barbecued chicken.
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Yield: 8 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups very thinly sliced bok choy, (1-pound head, trimmed)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, julienned or shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar (or honey), celery salt and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Add bok choy, apple, carrot and onion; toss to coat.
Nutrition Per serving:
56 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 272 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable