Braised Scallions & Peas
Scallions aren't just a garnish—here we saute them with peas for a quick and easy side dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches scallions, washed, trimmed and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add scallions with water still clinging to them and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until scallions are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in peas, cover and cook until peas are heated through, about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Per serving:
68 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 123 mg sodium; 219 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Vitamin A (27% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat