Broccoli Rabe with Garlic & Anchovies
Pungent broccoli rabe (or broccoli rape, broccoli raab or rapini) is tossed with a rich mixture of garlic, olive oil and anchovies in this easy side dish.Yield: 8 servings, generous 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 25
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, stem ends trimmed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot or Dutch oven of water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper (if using); cook, stirring, until the garlic is very light brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||6 g (1 g sat, 4 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin A (60% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv), Folate (23% dv), Calcium & Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 1 fat
From EatingWell September/October 2008