Broiling fruit brings out its inherent sweetness. A squeeze of tart lime juice balances it out. Try this technique with pineapple as well.Yield: 2 servings
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 20
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced (see Tip)
- Lime wedges
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
- Arrange mango slices in a single layer in the prepared pan. Broil until browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Squeeze lime wedges over the broiled mango and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Cutting a Mango:
- 1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- 2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- 3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||0 g (0 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (50% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 1
Exchanges 1 fruit