Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Moms and Dads like wraps because they're neat and compact--so beware: ours is messy and spicy. This fiery combination of buffalo chicken in a modern wrap is guaranteed to drip. Get out the big napkins and have a ball!
From EatingWell: August/September 2005, The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 35
Total Time: 35
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Whisk hot pepper sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders; cook until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add to the bowl with the hot sauce; toss to coat well.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl. Stir in blue cheese.
- To assemble wraps: Lay a tortilla on a work surface or plate. Spread with 1 tablespoon blue cheese sauce and top with one-fourth of the chicken, lettuce, celery and tomato. Drizzle with some of the hot sauce remaining in the bowl and roll into a wrap sandwich. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Nutrition Per Serving: 275 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 55 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 3 g fiber; 756 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (35% daily value), Selenium (28% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 1/2 fat