Buttermilk-Herb Mashed Potatoes
Simmering a garlic clove with the potato infuses it with flavor. Use whatever fresh herbs you have in your refrigerator.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007), EatingWell Serves Two
Yield: 2 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Add garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until the potato is tender. Drain; add butter and buttermilk, and mash with a potato masher to the desired consistency. Stir in herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition Per serving:
85 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 87 mg sodium; 416 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch