Although it's not a traditional topping for American tacos, cabbage slaw is an essential ingredient when making fish tacos. This colorful, vinegar-dressed coleslaw can be made in just a few minutes. Use preshredded cabbage to make it even quicker.
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Yield: 4 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Toss cabbage, bell pepper, onion, vinegar and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss again to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Try This Recipe With:
Nutrition Per Serving: 81 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 113 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (60% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat