Summer-ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella need only a sprinkling of fresh herbs, salt and pepper to shine in this simple summer salad.
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium red tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Gently toss tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, basil and salt together in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
Nutrition Per serving:
88 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 187 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Calcium & Vitamin A (20% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat