Summer-ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella need only a sprinkling of fresh herbs, salt and pepper to shine in this simple summer salad.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 2 medium red tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Gently toss tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, basil and salt together in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Calcium & Vitamin A (20% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat