Catalan Spinach Sauté
In minutes, standard pantry items can transform frozen spinach into a satisfying side dish or omelet filling.
Yield: 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 10
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen cut-leaf spinach
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a skillet; add onion and garlic and sauté until beginning to soften. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Stir in currants, pine nuts, a splash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (270% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Folate (39% dv), Calcium (20% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat