Roasted Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Cauliflower roasted in big chunks is delicious and the quick blue cheese vinaigrette makes it special. Try it as a side dish for steak.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, leaves trimmed
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion greens
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower into quarters. Remove any extra woody core from the ends, but keep the quarters intact. Brush with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Turn so the opposite cut sides are down. Continue roasting until tender, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, blue cheese, vinegar, water, scallion greens and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the roasted cauliflower drizzled with the vinaigrette.
Nutrition Per serving:
90 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 304 mg sodium; 283 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value).
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat