Cauliflower with Lemon & Olives
Tangy lemon and briny olives perk up simple steamed cauliflower.Yield: 6 servings, scant 1 cup each
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 25
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-cured or kalamata olives
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove skin and white pith from lemons with a sharp knife. Working over a bowl, cut segments from the membranes. Coarsely chop the segments and transfer to a serving bowl. Squeeze juice from the lemon peel and membranes and add 1 tablespoon of the juice to the bowl with the segments.
- Add oil, shallot, water, thyme, salt and pepper to the serving bowl. Stir to combine. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Sprinkle with olives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||6 g (1 g sat, 4 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (110% daily value), Folate (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 1 fat
From EatingWell January/February 2010