Sliced eggs and ruby-colored salmon roe top whole-grain crackers for a sophisticated appetizer.
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Yield: 2 dozen
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 10
- 24 slices hard-boiled egg (about 4 large eggs; see Tip)
- 24 small, round whole-grain crackers
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salmon roe caviar
- 24 small sprigs fresh dill
Place a slice of egg on each cracker. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream and about 1/8 teaspoon caviar. Garnish with a dill sprig.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Nutrition Per Serving: 38 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 54 mg sodium; 32 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fat