Slivered Celery Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Blue cheese, celery and a dash of hot sauce—it’s a tried-and-true combo as an adornment for Buffalo wings. So it’s no surprise that it also works to make a killer salad! Serve with turkey burgers or roast chicken.
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Yield: 6 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 20
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diagonally sliced celery (1/4 inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped tender celery leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons diagonally sliced scallions, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add celery, celery leaves, 1/2 cup scallions and 1/4 cup cheese; fold until blended. Serve sprinkled with the remaining scallions and cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving: 72 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 334 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat