Whirring this champagne vinaigrette in the blender gives it a creamy consistency. If you don't have a blender, just mince the shallots, then whisk the ingredients in a medium bowl.
From EatingWell: December 2006, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Yield: 2/3 cup, for 8 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine shallot, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Try This Recipe With:
Nutrition Per Serving: 53 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 182 mg sodium; 4 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat