Cherry Cream Cheese
Make your own flavored cream cheese by stirring in fresh, in-season cherries. We like the flavor of black cherries, but any kind will work. Spread this on your morning bagel or sandwich it between graham crackers for a cherry cheesecake-inspired snack.
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Yield: 2/3 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted fresh cherries or thawed and drained frozen cherries
- 11/2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Combine cream cheese, cherries, sugar and allspice in a small bowl.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Per 2-tablespoon serving:
65 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 76 mg sodium; 52 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fat