Cherry Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust
This cherry ice cream pie is a simple summertime sweet treat! If you use frozen cherries, the pie will have a fun purple hue.
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Yield: 8 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 1/4 hours (including 4 hours freezing time)
- 3 cups reduced-fat “light” vanilla ice cream, softened
- 11/4 cups chopped pitted fresh or frozen cherries, divided
- 1 9-inch chocolate-cookie pie crust
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Gently combine ice cream and 1 cup cherries in a large bowl. Transfer to the crust and garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup cherries and chocolate chips. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover with foil and freeze for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Per serving:
272 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 5 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 16 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 230 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 carbohydrate (other)