Celebrate fresh cherries with this mint-infused cherry cocktail. Black cherry-flavored seltzer gives the drink the most cherry flavor, but plain seltzer also works well.
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup pitted fresh or frozen (thawed) cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) dark rum
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cups cherry-flavored seltzer
- Divide cherries, mint leaves and sugar among 4 glasses. Mash everything together with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in rum and lime juice. Fill glasses with ice and top with seltzer. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Nutrition Per Serving: 161 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 131 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit