Chicken Adobo Kebabs
Serve with Black Beans & RIce and salsa alongside.Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 35
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled, quartered and separated into layers
- Lemon wedges
- Blend 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, cumin, cinnamon and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Mix oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Thread chicken and onion pieces alternately onto 4 or 8 skewers.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes, basting the cooked side with the reserved lemon-oil mixture. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Metal or bamboo skewers
- When using bamboo skewers, wrap the exposed parts with foil to keep the bamboo from burning. (Contrary to popular opinion, soaking skewers in water does not protect them.)
- To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||4 g (1 g sat, 2 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (20% daily value), Potassium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat