Chicken Fajita Wraps
Sliced chicken, tenderized in lime juice, combines with a spicy sour-cream sauce in this tasty wrap. Serve with Vinegary Coleslaw and Spiced Pinto Beans.
From EatingWell: July/August 1992, EatingWell Serves Two
Yield: 2 servings
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Several dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas, heated (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and sprinkle with lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, cumin and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken and onion on a lightly oiled baking sheet and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and stir the onion. Broil until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
- To assemble wraps: Place the tortillas on a work surface or plate. Top each with half of the chicken, onion, lettuce and tomato. Top each with half of the sour cream mixture and roll into wraps. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Wrap tortillas in barely damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds.
Nutrition Per serving:
299 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 529 mg sodium; 346 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat