Chile-Lime Tortilla Chips
These tortilla chips are baked, not fried, and a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of chili powder add flavor without tons of calories. Plus with 5 grams less fat per serving than a packaged version, they deliver all the crunch without the guilt.Yield: 6 servings, 8 chips each
Active Time: 30
Total Time: 30
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position oven racks in the middle and lower third of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray and cut into quarters. Place tortilla wedges in an even layer on 2 large baking sheets. Combine lime juice and chili powder in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on each tortilla wedge and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the tortillas, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the tortillas).
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||2 g (0 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 2
Exchanges 2 starch
From EatingWell January/February 2009