A medley of warm spices tempered with a touch of brown sugar is a great match for rich, nutritious pecans. They make a perfect nibble with a drink before dinner or afterward with a cup of espresso.Yield: about 2 cups
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 60
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups pecan halves, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl. Toss pecans and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the pecans, tossing to coat. Spread the spiced nuts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pecans, tossing every 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and very fragrant, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let cool.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Refrigerate chili pecans in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Smoked paprika is available at specialty stores, Spanish markets and through La Tienda, tienda.com, (888) 472-1022.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||22 g (2 g sat, 12 g mono)|
Exchanges 2 fat (mono)