Roasted with chili powder and cumin then tossed with cilantro and lime juice, these carrots are bursting with zesty flavor. Serve them with simple roast chicken or pork.Yield: 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 35
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds carrots (10-12 medium), cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450ºF.
- Combine oil, chili powder, cumin and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring once, until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss the carrots with cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||8 g (1 g sat, 4 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin A (762% daily value), Vitamin C (27% dv), Potassium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 1
Exchanges 2 vegetable, 2 fat
From EatingWell September/October 2009