Chilled Snap Peas with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
Crisp chilled snap peas with creamy tarragon dressing make a nice alternative to a lettuce-based salad. The dressing can be doubled and used for chicken salad. Substitute fresh or dried dill for the tarragon if you like.Yield: 4 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 35
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt, or nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Steam peas over 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt (or buttermilk), tarragon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add peas; toss well to coat. Serve chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate peas and dressing separately for up to 1 day. Toss together just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||1 g (0 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 1
Exchanges 1 1/2 vegetable
From EatingWell June/July 2005