Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
Kids will love dipping bananas in melted chocolate and rolling them in coconut to make this tasty frozen treat.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Yield: 12 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/4 hours
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
- 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Insert a popsicle stick into each piece of banana. Cover each piece with melted chocolate using a rubber spatula and sprinkle with coconut. (Reheat chocolate, as needed, to keep it melted.) Place the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the freezer for up to 1 week. | Equipment: 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Nutrition Per Serving: 100 calories; 4 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 207 mg potassium.