Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
Kids will love dipping bananas in melted chocolate and rolling them in coconut to make this tasty frozen treat.Yield: 12 servings
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 135
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
- 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Insert a popsicle stick into each piece of banana. Cover each piece with melted chocolate using a rubber spatula and sprinkle with coconut. (Reheat chocolate, as needed, to keep it melted.) Place the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the freezer for up to 1 week. | Equipment: 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
- Storage smarts: For long-term freezer storage, wrap your food in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil. The plastic will help prevent freezer burn while the foil will help keep off-odors from seeping into the food.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||4 g (3 g sat, 1 g mono)|
From EatingWell January/February 2010