When you need a chocolate fix, these rich-tasting morsels will do the trick.
Yield: 1 dozen cookies
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 ounce finely chopped unsweetened chocolate, (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners' sugar, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl the pan until the butter is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in sugar. Add egg white, flour, cocoa, unsweetened chocolate, vanilla and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until set in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Immediately transfer the cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. (If the cookies begin to stick before all are removed, return the pan briefly to the oven.) Dust the cookies with confectioners' sugar if using.
Nutrition Per cookie:
38 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 23 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate