Crunchy wheat cereal, pretzels and almonds coated in bittersweet chocolate makes an addictive sweet-salty snack.
Yield: 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 5
Total Time: 35
- 1 cup Wheat Chex cereal, (2 ounces)
- 1 cup pretzel sticks broken in half, (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, (2 1/2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
Combine Chex, pretzels and almonds in a medium bowl. Drizzle with melted chocolate; stir to combine. Spread the mixture on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 carbohydrate (other), 2 fat