A sprinkling of crystallized ginger and dried cranberries makes these easy, chocolate-dipped gingersnaps festive.Yield: 4 servings, 2 cookies each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 45
- 8 small gingersnaps
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dried cranberries
Dip gingersnaps into melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Place on a wax paper-lined plate. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger and cranberries. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||6 g (3 g sat, 1 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 2
Exchanges 2 carbohydrates (other)
From EatingWell January/February 2009