A sprinkling of crystallized ginger and dried cranberries makes these easy, chocolate-dipped gingersnaps festive.
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
Yield: 4 servings, 2 cookies each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 small gingersnaps
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dried cranberries
- Dip gingersnaps into melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Place on a wax paper-lined plate. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger and cranberries. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Nutrition Per serving:
157 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 96 mg potassium.
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 carbohydrates (other)