Chocolate Nut Bark
Use your favorite combination of nuts to make this quick and easy chocolate nut bark.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Yield: 3 dozen 11/2-inch pieces
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups semisweet, bittersweet or milk chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1 1/2 cups assorted nuts, such as hazelnuts, almonds and cashews, plus more for garnish
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. (Take care to avoid wrinkles.) Combine melted chocolate and nuts in a medium bowl. Scrape the mixture onto the foil and spread it into an approximate 12-by-9-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with additional finely chopped nuts, if desired. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the bark and foil to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Nutrition Per piece:
74 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 66 mg potassium.