Cocoa powder and chocolate chips give this luscious pudding a double-dose of chocolate flavor.
From EatingWell: September/October 1996
Yield: 4 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, (1 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk milk, brown sugar, egg, cocoa and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until the chips have melted. Transfer the pudding to a bowl and cover with wax paper to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
Nutrition Per serving:
229 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 117 mg sodium; 388 mg potassium.
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 2 other carbohydrate