Crunchy vegetables and tangy blue cheese combine in this simple, delicious salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Whisk together shallot, oil and vinegar. Combine lettuce, bell pepper and carrots. Toss the vegetables with the dressing and cheese.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat